Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi lost a power struggle with her party’s radical wing, and their impeachment lust is about to cost Democrats dearly.
Since launching the latest impeachment hoax, polls show that a 36 percent minority of voters support the move, and only 22 percent believe a vote should be cast in the House. That leaves upwards of 78 percent of Americans not on board. Any attempt to undo the lawful 2016 election of President Trump will be met with fierce voter opposition in 2020.
Democrats are already in jeopardy of losing the majority they won in 2018 because they have failed to deliver on any campaign promises. Infrastructure and health care were high priorities that have seen ZERO success in the House.
Instead, the most radicalized Democrats such as New York Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez put forward the ridiculous “Green New Deal” that Republicans put to a vote. No Democrats voted in favor of making the measure law.
Other liberal extremists have insisted that President Trump be impeached despite having committed no “high crime or misdemeanor.” Simply put, Democrats have wasted the American people’s time, money and have failed on every 2108 campaign promise.
“For the past three years, the socialist Democrats have been obsessed with impeaching the president and backfilling in the reason after the fact,” Minnesota Rep. Tom Emmer said. “They have become so radicalized by their hatred of President Trump that they are willing to plunge the nation into a constitutional crisis based on secondhand gossip. Make no mistake about it: backing impeachment will cost the Democrats their majority in 2020.”
Although Democrats enjoy a 235-199 majority in the House, Republicans need only pick up about 20 seats to retake the legislative body. The GOP has already targeted 55 Democrats the party sees as vulnerable. Many are seeking re-election in districts Pres. Trump won in 2016, and attempting to negate the will of the people is expected to cost them votes in 2020. Political analysts see 31 key districts won by President Trump in 2016 as the pathway to a Republican majority.
“Nervous Nancy Pelosi is doing everything possible to destroy the Republican Party,” President Trump reportedly tweeted. “Our Polls show that it is going to be just the opposite. The Do Nothing Dems will lose many seats in 2020. They have a Death Wish, led by a corrupt politician, Adam Schiff!”
The president’s points are all valid and well-grounded in reality. Polls overwhelmingly show the American people feel strongly that Washington elites should not dictate who holds the office of president. That decision should be left to voters.
California Rep. Adam Schiff isn’t helping his party by carrying on impeachment proceedings in secret. He has banned Republicans from attending the interviews who are not on his committee, he has refused to release transcripts of the meetings to members who have requested to read them.
On top of this, he has leaked out-of-context and misleading information to media outlets. Just a few days ago, the opening statement of one witness who Democrats called a “star witness” against Trump was leaked to the press. What wasn’t leaked was the transcripts that showed how his testimony fell apart in cross examination by Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX).
This isn’t the first time Schiff has been accused of leaking information and shady behavior. During the Russia witch hunt that cost taxpayers more than $30 million, Rep. Schiff routinely lied to the media that he had definitive information the president colluded with Russia. Nothing could be further from the truth.
When the GOP earned majorities in the Senate, House, and presidency in 2016, they passed the landmark Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that helped usher in an economic boom. The country has experienced historic low unemployment, wage growth, increases in the GDP, energy independence, and regained the mantle of the world’s top economy.
In contrast, Democrats have squandered their House majority resisting and obstructing the GOP and Trump Administration. They are literally the do-nothing-Democrats. President Trump calls him like he sees them.